The Icelandic Chess Federation announces the 1st edition of the “Northern Lights Open”, which is tailor made for norm-hunters.
- The tournament is a 9 round swiss system open international chess tournament
- A FIDE-rating of 2100+ is required to participate.
- The Organizers reserve the right to allow players rated below 2100 to participate. Lower rated players will not exceed 20% of the total pool of participants.
Rate of play
- 90 min for 40 moves + 15 minutes after move 40. Increment of 30 sec. for every move starting from move one.
The prizes will be divided with Hort-system among equally ranked players.
— International players
- GM’s and IM’s play for free.
- FM’s pay €100
- Other participants play €150
A Northern Lights tour (more information shortly) is included in the fee!
— Local players
- GM’s play for free
- Local players pay ISK 39.000. (ISK 4.000 discount if payed before October 1st.)
- The Organizers will post a list with special offers for participants shortly.
|November 10th||Friday||16:00||1st round|
|November 11th||Saturday||10:00||2nd round|
|November 11th||Saturday||16:00||3rd round|
|November 12th||Sunday||10:00||4th round|
|November 12th||Sunday||16:00||5th round|
|November 13th||Monday||16:00||6th round|
|November 14th||Tuesday||10:00||7th round|
|November 14th||Tuesday||16:00||8th round|
|November 15th||Wednesday||16:00||9th round|
The organizer reserves the right to make minor changes to the schedule, if deemed necessary by the Organizing Committee. Dates will not be changed.
- The registration form is here.
- The list of registered players is here.