- 9 rounds Swiss: Swiss system by Swiss Manager
- Rate of play is 90 mins for 40 moves + 30 minutes after move 40. 30 second increment for each move throughout the game. Open for all players. FIDE norms possible.
- Players who wish to take two half-point bye in rounds 1-7 may do so, provided they give adequate notice.
- The default time is 30 minutes. Any player who arrives at the chessboard after the default time – 30 minutes – shall lose the game unless the arbiter decides otherwise.
- There is no draw restriction rule in effect. Players can offer or agree to a draw at any time during the game.
- Electronic devices/mobile phones are not allowed. During a game, a player is forbidden to have a mobile phone, electronic means of communication, or any device capable of suggesting chess moves on their person in the playing venue. However, such devices can be stored in a player´s bag, as long as the device is completely switched off. A player is forbidden to carry a bag holding such a device, without permission of the arbiter. If it is evident that a player has such a device on their person in the playing venue, the player shall lose the game. The opponent shall win.
If there is a tie for the title of Icelandic Champion, (open, women or U-22) the title shall be decided by the Fide recommended Tie-Break System, as follows:
Buchholz Cut 1
The greater number of wins including forfeits
The greater number of wins with Black pieces
Prizes will be divided by Hort-system among equally ranked players.
Tournement director: IM Áskell Örn Kárason
Chief Arbiter: IA Kristjan Orn Eliasson
Arbiter: IM Áskell Örn Kárason
The Appeals Committee
The Icelandic Chess Federation’s appeal comitte (Dómstóll Sí).