- 9 rounds Swiss: Swiss system by Swiss Manager
- Rate of play is 90 mins for 40 moves + 30 minutes after move 40. 30 second increment for each move throughout the game
Open for all players
- FIDE norms possible.FIDE rules apply, but article 6.6a will be enforced in following manner: Any player who arrives at the chessboard later than 30 minutes after the start of the session shall lose the game
- The players are not allowed to offer a draw to their opponent before thirty (30) moveshave been completed by both players.
- Players who wish to take two half-point bye in rounds 1-7 may do so, provided they give adequate notice.
If there is a tie for the title of Icelandic Champion, (open, women or U-22) the title shall be decided by the Fide recommended Tie-Break System, as follows:
- Direct encounter
- The greater number of wins
- The greater number of games with Black (unplayed games shall be counted as played with White)
- Buchholz Cut 1
Prizes will be divided by Hort-system among equally ranked players.
Tournement director: IM Áskell Örn Kárason
Chief Arbiter: IA Gunnar Björnsson
Arbiter: IA Ingibjörg Edda Birgisdóttir
Arbiter: IM Áskell Örn Kárason
The Appeals Committee
The Icelandic Chess Federation’s appeal comitte (Dómstóll Sí).